Exposure to mold can cause health effects in some people. Mold spores are always found in the air we breathe, but extensive mold contamination may cause health problems. Breathing mold can cause allergic and respiratory symptoms. ... People with current respiratory conditions (e.g., allergies, asthma, or emphysema)
Mold is a type of fungus. These small organisms can be black, white, orange, green, or purple and live almost anywhere indoors and outside. Molds thrive on moisture and reproduce through lightweight spores that travel through the air. You're exposed to mold every day. They're usually harmless in small amounts.
These spores, if ingested or inhaled, can cause a range of unpleasant and even dangerous symptoms in humans. The most common black mold symptoms and health effects are associated with a respiratory response. ... In particularly severe cases of prolonged exposure, black mold health effects can be more dangerous.
But others could make you sick. “Though small amounts of mold probably won't hurt us, there is no species of mold that is 'safe' when inhaled. ... Symptoms of mold exposure may include headache, sore throat, runny nose, coughing, sneezing, watery eyes and fatigue. In those with asthma, asthma attacks can occur
The most common indoor molds are Cladosporium, Penicillium, Aspergillus, and Alternaria. We do not have precise information about how often Stachybotrys chartarum is found in buildings and homes. While it is less common than other mold species, it is not rare.
To most people, white mold is no more dangerous than a cashew nut. ... Inhaling mold spores over an extended period of time can possibly have adverse effects on your health. Mold spores floating in the air may cause chest problems, and even asthma attacks.
Mold and Your Health
Exposure to damp and moldy environments may cause a variety of health effects, or none at all. Some people are sensitive to molds. For these people, molds can cause nasal stuffiness, throat irritation, coughing or wheezing, eye irritation, or, in some cases, skin irritation.
Wear a respirator or a facemask rated for black mold spore protection, and cover arms, legs and hands to avoid contact with mold spores. Use soap and a sponge to remove visible mold. If the moldy area is dry, lightly spray with water, as this will reduce the incidence of airborne mold spores during cleaning.Learn About How to prevent black mold
24/7 Emergency service
5 Star Reviews
Locally Owned and Operated
We bill directly to insurance